Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Home Maker

So I think I want to be a homemaker. 

I really do want to!

I miss soon my daughters hair before school. I miss sitting down and doing home work with her. 

Planning and doing dinner is so much easier when you aren't tired after work. 

By the time I get home I am exhausted and still need to clean dishes, do laundry, wait for the kids to get dropped off, nurse  Josh or pump, make my daughter an after school snack. Then prepare dinner while my daughter begs for my attention...which by the time dinner is done and ready I am to tired to play. 

It's frustrating. I love both my children so much and want to give them equal love and attention. As a newborn Josh def. need more attention but as he has grown he does well in his own for moments at a time that I could play a few rounds of Othello or Candyland or read with Jazmine. Something...anything is better then not feeling like I want to move a muscle for her when I am done with everything in the house. 

I feel my paycheck really doesn't do much to contribute to income. 

We buy food for meals which gets wasted when we don't cook because we are to exhausted and then order out. 

I have to purchase storage bags for my breast milk, Pay for a babysitter, Justin splurges on meals since we don't pack lunches (to tired and yes lazy), I lose money on days the kids are way to sick to sen to babysitter. We are just starting to break even. 

So we are going to start working on living off one paycheck. 

We have read the book -Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey- 

We are trying to budget and we have been living below our means and we are going to def. start living far below our means for the most part. 

So our plan,up until Josh turns one in October, is to use my check as babysitting money and what ever is left over goes to a separate account. We will direct deposit it some place else. 

We will save money and learn to live off o one income. 

I wish I could start staying home now. It's summer time and it would be nice to spend more time with the kids especially Jazzy. She wants to go to the library everyday and park everyday. And we just can't fit that into everyday. 

We will also save more money during the summer because my daughter will be spending alot of this summer with her father. 

So hopefully this summer we will learn and work on how to live off of one income. 

Have you tried?

Did you do it before or after you had kids?

Was the transition easy?

Any hints or tips on how to save and keep going with out going under?

1 comment:

  1. You are doing well sis, keep up the good work!!! It's a tiring old job but you are making it work!

    ReplyDelete