Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Would you teach your child about God if you were uncertain of yourbeliefs?

So my daughter has been asking me to pray and for me to pray with her at night and before meals.

She has recently asked if there is a heaven and that she wants to go to heaven.

I am personally not sure what I believe in. It's nice to feel that security in faith. It's nice to know that it's based on good morals. Which I believe good morals in anyone's life is a healthy life style.

I want to believe like I used to believe. But it's hard. I have had so many life struggles. I have had ups and downs in  my whole life. Major stuff not petty stuff.

With or without faith I was able to get through.

I am not posting this as a debate or me roaring against anyone that has faith in God.

I just wanna know. Those out there that are unsure about there faith. Would you still teach your kids?

I googled - Should I still teach my kids about god if I don't believe? - and a few interesting links came up. One of which that was worded well and rather recent.

http://m.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://the30ishmom.blogspot.com/2013/04/do-my-kids-really-need-to-learn-about.html

Let me know what you think.

Do you teach your kids about a creator?

Do you actually read the bible or do you just speak of what goes on in the bible and the morals behind it?

I feel like we tell our kids so many make believe things...tooth fairys,Easter bunny, Santa Claus...god and heaven seems like  something from stories. When they grow up will they feel they same?

How do they differ?

I like the aspects of honesty and love and respect and kindness. Giving and hope.

If I do teach her about a creator or God what should I teach her and how do I go about it?

How do I explain my beliefs if I was asked? Should I say no I don't believe or let her be happy in the fact that we both have that faith? It's like Santa Claus. You wouldn't wanna ruin your child's imagination and creativity telling them that dolls don't talk. To not play pretend. That there is not Santa. (There is a legit St. Nick though)

I just don't know.

Let me know what you think. No harsh words please just talking trying to figuring things out.

Thank so much for reading


Update
Life Changing!

http://threejs-y.blogspot.com/2013/10/he-made-himself-nothing.html




No comments:

Post a Comment